How the Design Process Works
We tailor our design services to fit your project. A design fee estimate is given before we begin the work. Here are typical services by job phase:
Preliminary Design Phase
- Evaluate program, schedule and budget.
- Measure existing structure.
- Prepare accurate as-built CAD drawings.
- Create alternative design approaches.
- Present preliminary designs for your approval.
Cost Estimate Phase
- Establish budget estimates from drawings.
- Revise scope of work to match your budget.
Construction document phase
- Prepare "blueprints" and written specifications that detail the requirements for construction and meet Building Code and Zoning standards.
- Consult with surveyor, geo-technical engineer, and structural engineer, as needed, for professional assistance.
- Present construction documents for your approval.
- Work with you on Interior Design specifications.
- Prepare required permit documents.
- Prepare Energy Code calculations.
- Submit permit package to city, and track progress until your permit is issued.
- Prepare custom bids forms, help you contact reputable contractors, and evaluate their bids.
- Maintain quality through observation visits during construction.